20° 45' 00'' N, 70° 40' 00'' E
Amreli, a medieval town with an early historic site known as Gohilwad Timbo, was excavated in 1934, 1944 and 1953-1954. As a result of excavations the history of the site goes back from 1st century B.C. to 8th century A.D. The important findings included silver coins of Kumargupta, handles of jar with nude figures, T.C. plaque depicting bearded Greek figure holding horn of plenty and several stone plaques of gods and goddesses. The mound is situated to the north of the confluence of the rivulets Vedi and Thebe in the vicinity of Amreli.