The fort Bhadra, originally dedicated to the goddess Bhadra Kali, was built by Sultan Ahmed at the time of founding the city (A.D.141.1). It had eight gates. Over the Bhadra gate on a high wall between the two towers, stands the clock with two dial plates, one facing the Three Gates, the other facing the west. The clock was put up in A.D. 1849.
23° 01' 27.53'' N, 72° 34' 52.61'' E