Inlet to Kankaria tank is situated a kilometer to the south-east of Raipur Gate and is a regular polygon of thirty- four sides. The inlet on the east side is finest example of its kind and at each end of the temple circular openings is a buttress similar to mosque minarets of mid 15th century A.D. The face is divided into many facets vertically. The central projection on these facets has recessed panels, with floral, tracery. The entire structure is a fine combination of engineering skill and art. The construction of the tank begun by sultan Qutubudin during the life time of his father and was completed in A.D. 1451.
23° 00' 22.42'' N, 72° 36' 14.57'' E