This website was launched by Dr. M. Nambirajan, Regional Director (West) on March 31, 2017

The temple is the largest and magnificent Solanki temple dedicated to Shiva as Rudra Mahakala, started by King Mularaja in A.D. 994, it was completed by his great grandson Siddharaja Jayasimha. The original consisted

of a sanctum, ambulatory and was having a Nagara shikhara, an antrala, an octagonal pillared mandapa, with entrance porches on three sides. The temple was destroyed in 1297-98 and again in 1415 A.D..


Ruins of Rudra Mahalaya temple
23° 55' 09.99'' N, 72° 22' 46.17'' E