The construction of these building ranges over a century between A.D. 1475 to A.D. 1575. The main group comprises of two big mausoleums a mosque and an assembly hall. The dargah of Shah Alam occupies the centre place of the group and is made on low plinth with a typical casket pattern. It has an outer wall worked out with trellis and twenty eight pillars with an intermediate square enclosure of twelve pillars, which is roofed by a dome and also has the grave. The principal perched gateway is on the west and there are entrances on all the four sides of the two inner enclosures. The outer wall is roofed by small domes, seven on each face. The south-west of mausoleum of Shah Alam is another with the same plan, but erred from east. The Jammaat Khana or assembly hall is situated to the north-east of the mosque. It was erected during time of Muzaffar Shah II (A.D. 1442-1451) but restored during last of Ahmed Shah kings Muzaffar Shah III (A.D. 1561-1573).
Mosque within the enclosure of Shah Alam’s is located north of the mausoleum of Sayyid Maqbul Alam and is believed to be erected by Muhammad Salih Badakhshi. The minars however were begum in early 17th century by Najabat Khan and completed by Sait Khan in A.D. 1620.